The BV17 is a lightweight, compact, and durable tool designed to improve the speed and efficiency of installing HuckBolts, a type of fastener commonly used in solar field construction.
The new tool is powered by Makita’s 18V Lithium-Ion battery platform and features an interchangeable nosepiece to accommodate different fastener sizes.
The collaboration between Makita and Huck resulted in the development of a reliable and efficient tool that’s changing the way work is accomplished in solar-field installations.
- Installs large diameter lockbolts and blind fasteners on site without the constraint of heavy equipment and trailing cables
- Offers up to 1,000 fastener installations on a single charge
- Installs blind fasteners up to Ø1/2″ and two-piece lockbolts up to Ø14”
- Currently the largest battery lockbolt tool on the market
- Has an electronically adjustable pull-force control
- Comes with a standard Makita 40V wireless battery platform