The Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) has announced the recipients of its Scholarship Program for the 2022-2023 academic year. The scholarships were awarded last month to five outstanding students pursuing science degrees, totaling $8,000.
The scholarship program was established in 2017 in memory of Gene Simmons, one of the industry’s most experienced, knowledgeable, and respected pressure-sensitive adhesive formulators. Simmons was dedicated to his development work and recognized the tremendous importance of passing his knowledge to those less experienced in his field.
In keeping with his spirit of willing mentorship, the program was started with the support of his wife, Irene, and Evans Adhesive to support students in pursuit of their degree in a related field. Scholarships are made possible only through donations.
“On behalf of the ASC Board of Directors, congratulations to the 2023 recipients,” said ASC president Bill Allmond. “These recipients truly stood out for their remarkable achievements inside and outside of the classroom and are the best of the best among those that applied for a scholarship this year.”
The 2023 ASC Scholarship recipients are:
- Capri Norris — a junior pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering at Pennsylvania State University.
- Steven Han — a sophomore with junior standing pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science at New York University.
- Elizabeth Vrana — a junior pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry at The Ohio State University.
- Shelley Bradshaw — a junior pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering at The Ohio State University.
- Jonah Brandt — a senior pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering at the University of Dayton.
“We encourage each of them to pursue a career in adhesives and sealants after graduation and put their knowledge and skills toward the next great innovation in adhesive development,” added Allmond.
Congratulations once again to the 2023 recipients!