Nvirovate Materials currently offers the only pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) portfolio that reduces global greenhouse gases, aiding the global business challenge to achieve carbon neutrality.
Nvirovate products are made from soy oil, serving the commercial and industrial markets. These PSAs are compostable and less costly than petroleum adhesives, offering an emission-free solution. They use no solvent or water and are comprised of over 93% organic materials. The adhesives are processed using UV light on existing equipment.
Products include PSAs from 4 N/inch to 25 N/inch, spanning sticky notes to tapes for labeling, protective films, packaging, and consumer markets. For example, Nvirovate has been commercializing a soy-based, compostable alternative for the label glue used on packages (such as those sent by Amazon).
Production of the plant-derived adhesive generates at least 70% fewer greenhouse gases than conventional glues.
The company recently was named the first runner-up of the Adhesive and Sealant Council’s 7th annual Innovation Awards.
Features of Nvirovate PSAs:
- Offer the highest natural content of any adhesive — over 93% and as high as 96.5%
- Start with renewable materials, creating zero greenhouse gases (GHG) or volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Use no solvents or water, resulting in a low energy process resulting in transport costs 50% of competing PSA products.
- Are cured using UV sources, using less energy than thermal cures
- Eliminate the need for process drying lines, natural gas burners, condensers, or GHG removal
- Are oxygen tolerant, reducing manufacturing cost and increasing throughput
- Have excellent stability — the materials can be stored over a year and transported across oceans in shipping containers
- Are viscous at room temperature and melt to a workable viscosity at 70-100C.
- Are compostable in standard waste disposal facilities