Trex Company, a manufacturer of wood-alternative composite decking, railing, and accessories, is launching its own branded fastener collection.
Through a strategic collaboration with the Phillips Screw Company, Trex is adding more than 120 new SKUs to its Trex Hideaway Fastener Collection including solutions for every composite deck fastening need — from color-matched screws and plugs to specially engineered bits, depth setters and clips.
The new fasteners are all designed to make installation easier and more efficient while delivering a clean cohesive aesthetic.
“This addition to our portfolio brings meaningful innovation to what has been a relatively stagnant category,” said Adam Zambanini, executive VP and COO for Trex. “It also affords us greater quality control and offers our channel partners a competitive advantage by allowing them to deliver end-to-end solutions from one supplier for a seamless and worry-free deck-building experience from the joists up.”
While Trex has offered its popular Hideaway fasteners for years, this expansion firmly establishes the brand as a serious player in the decking hardware category. Following are a few of the collection’s many noteworthy products and performance benefits:
- Color-matched decking screws (patent pending) – offering the best possible color match for Trex decking with a unique design that delivers optimal stability, increased drive speed and a mushroom-free finish;
- HEXSTIX technology – built into every Trex drive bit and depth setter, this patented Phillips® technology hangs onto screws like a magnet to deliver a stable and wobble-free drive experience;
- Counterbore bit (patent pending) – this unique tool features a forged (vs. stamped) spade-type bit for enhanced durability, surrounded by an innovative cone and ejector arm that is strategically designed to remove debris and prevent scratching the deck or fascia surface;
- Depth setters (patent pending) – specifically engineered and labeled for decking and fascia applications, each setter is protected by an ultra-durable, glass-filled nylon sheath and rubber bumper to protect the deck surface during installation;
- Collated decking and fascia plugs (patents pending) – these first-to-market collated plugs feature proprietary construction, widely spaced collation, precise color and embossing match that promises to change the landscape of the fastener category;
- Trex Enhance scalloped decking plug system – this first-of-its-kind (and only Trex-approved) plug solution for use with Trex Enhance scalloped deck boards doesn’t rely on locator tools to ensure safe and effective installation, giving installers confidence in concealing fasteners anywhere on the deck;
- Butt joint clip (patent pending) – a wide hidden fastening clip that eliminates the need for a sister joint in end-to-end deck board applications, making installation faster, easier and much more reliable.
Slated to roll out in Q1 2024, the new Trex Hideaway Fastener Collection components are fully compatible with all Trex decking products and have also been tested and proven to work with most competitive offerings.
Trex will also continue to offer its popular hidden fasteners, starter clip, router bit and the award-winning Trex Universal Fastener One-Step Installation Tool.