The global packaging adhesives market is currently witnessing growth. Packaging adhesives refer to the sticking agents that are used for binding together two or more pieces of packaging materials. Some of the common types of packaging adhesives include solvent-based, water-based, and hot-melt adhesives.
Water-based adhesives are used for porous or non-porous substrates, such as starch, dextrin and polyvinyl alcohol (PVA), while solvent-based adhesives are used for plastic applications. Hot-melt adhesives, or hot glue, are thermoplastic-based adhesives that turn to liquid upon heating. These are primarily used for packaging cases, cartons, and flexible packaging.
Most of these adhesives are manufactured using both natural and synthetic polymers, such as polychloroprene, polyvinyl acetate, polyurethane, and polyvinyl pyrrolidone.
According to a new report from Research and Markets, the packaging adhesive market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of around 5% between 2020-2025.
Packaging adhesives find extensive application in the pharmaceutical industry to seal medical equipment for maintaining the sterility of the products and protect the medicines from bacterial contamination. There’s also significant growth in the food and beverages (F&B) industry, where packaging adhesives are widely used for rigid food boxes and for sealing paper cartons and cases to store various food and beverages.
Additionally, the development of advanced water-based transparent adhesives that are used for sticking colored and clear labels on various products is creating a positive impact on the market growth.
Other factors, including an increasing consumer preference for sustainable compounds in packing adhesives that can be used on recyclable products, along with extensive research and development (R&D) activities to improve the durability and versatility of the adhesives, are projected to drive the market further.
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being 3M Company, Arkema, Ashland Global, Dymax Corporation, H.B. Fuller, Henkel AG & Co. Sika AG, The DOW Chemical Company, and others.
Key questions answered in the report:
- How has the global packaging adhesives market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the substrate material type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the packaging type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-use industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global packaging adhesives market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
To learn more or to download the report, click here.
Tell Us What You Think!