Electric-vehicle (EV) battery packs and panels can now be assembled and serviced without compromising the sealing performance. This is thanks to BETASEAL 900EI, DuPont‘s new electrically isolating adhesive.
The new adhesive, which is ideal for EVs, bonds coated metals, pretreated thermoplastics, and composites — or any multi-material combination. It is a one-component moisture-curing non-conductive polyurethane-based adhesive and sealant.
Currently in production and prototyping with multiple global automotive manufacturers, BETASEAL 900EI benefits include:
- Reliable environmental sealing and durable bonding
- Reduction or elimination of mechanical fasteners
- Electrical insulation for sensitive battery components
- Room temperature curing – withstands 0.5 psi leak testing after five minutes
- Meets debris and water ingress performance per IP67 & IP6K9K
- Resistant to high pressure and high-temperature spray (car wash simulation)
- Optimized hardness to enable efficient field serviceability and pack recyclability
- Acts as a secondary barrier if battery modules leak
- Elimination of manual gasket application
DuPont continues to respond to the increasing demand for advanced adhesives and sealants for mobility and electric vehicle solutions.