Miller Electric Mfg., a global manufacturer of Miller brand arc welding equipment, has announced that Deltaweld Systems are now available with the Insight Centerpoint weld information application. Weld information systems can help manufacturers solve critical challenges.
Deltaweld Systems is a manufacturing platform that serves to maximize an operation’s potential, making high-quality welding easier for welders of all skill levels. The system also reduces overall training time, supporting better welding practices that minimize weld spatter and rework.
Deltaweld Systems are now available with two Welding Intelligence solutions: Insight Core and Insight Centerpoint.
- Insight Core helps measure welding productivity and identify welding costs. No installation is necessary, thanks to a simple, cloud-based welding information solution that’s accessible from any web browser.
- Insight Centerpoint measures productivity, captures and reports welder activities, and helps optimize part production via a real-time operator interface that guides welders through weld sequences — reducing training time and missed welds. This on-premises application can integrate with enterprise IIoT solutions and scale to best meet operational needs.
“New Deltaweld Systems with Insight Centerpoint can provide manufacturers with utilization information and address their most critical challenges — everything from weld quality and productivity to rising costs or a lack of skilled welders,” says Todd McEllis, product manager, Miller. “Using weld data plays a key role in uncovering problems and tracking trends so operations can make improvements.”
Deltaweld 350 and Deltaweld 500 power sources with the Insight Centerpoint application can help solve these manufacturing challenges:
1. Productivity issues. Insight Centerpoint measures each welder’s arc-on time, allowing operations to establish a productivity baseline, make plans for improvements and measure progress toward goals.
2. Lack of skilled welders. A complex weld sequence can require a lot of training time. If welders are training, they aren’t welding. Insight Centerpoint reduces training by guiding welders through the weld sequence in real-time.
3. Poor quality. Out-of-parameter welds create rework if not captured early in the weld cell. Insight Centerpoint provides early containment of defects and can control the weld operation by monitoring every parameter of every weld.
4. Rising costs. Missed or defective welds that aren’t detected early cost more to fix. Insight Centerpoint alerts welders if a weld is missed or is outside of acceptable parameters, allowing it to be corrected cost effectively.
Two Insight Centerpoint modes are available on Deltaweld Systems with Intellx Elite wire feeders: basic mode and premium mode. The basic mode provides on-premises productivity and utilization information, with enterprise integration to a third-party IIoT system. The premium mode provides the ability to govern the weld sequence of the operator as well as non-welding activities to help repetitively produce parts to specification.
Learn more here.