Bosch Power Tools, a global power tools and accessories provider, announced the launch of a new tool category for the company in the drywall sector. Bosch is supporting the industry with the innovative GTB18V-45 18V Brushless 1/4-inch Hex Screwgun and GCU18V-30 18V Brushless Cut-Out Tool.
The new tools include the technology for precise performance in an ergonomic design for convenience and comfort. The GTB18V-45 18V includes variable speed for controlled operating speed and the GCU18V30 18V includes soft-start technology to reduce startup torque.
“We are excited to break into the drywall category with two new tools, created to elevate the workers’ user experience across drywall projects,” said Corey Hinkel, product manager for Bosch Power Tools. The GTB18V-45 screw gun’s well-balanced design allows users to operate it comfortably between thumb and index finger, while the GCU18V-30 cut-out tool features an ergonomic slim grip designed to provide comfort when holding the product.”
Both tools also offer brushless motor technology, providing the power to effectively cut through drywall and get the job done with ease. They’re designed for efficiency that brings the power of a corded product — without the cord.
“These tools, along with others on Bosch’s growing 18V platform are designed to tackle industry issues head-on and prioritize the worker’s needs through ease-of-use and saving time,” added Hinkel.
- XTEND drive: Activates motor only when the bit senses pressure for increased runtime and less noise
- Retractable depth gauge: User doesn’t have to remove the depth gauge cone to reverse out a screw
- Well balanced grip: Ideal for comfortably holding the tool, allowing the thumb and the index finger to control the operation
- Variable speed: Controls operating speed for precise tool performance
- Auto-feed attachment (sold separately): GMA22 attachment is designed for the Bosch drywall screw gun to allow for fast repeatable fastening without having to load one screw at a time by hand
- IP 5X-rate dust-resistant switch: Helps prevent dust from getting into the switch
- Dust hood: Attaches to a vacuum to contain drywall while cutting
- Convenience brake: Quickly stops the tool
- Soft-start technology: Reduces the startup torque