Twenty-five years after the creation of the cell phone, designers at Motorola imagined what cell phones might look like in another twenty five years. The Consumer Xperience Design (CXD) team created a portfolio of sketches that look beyond what is possible today and imagine the possibilities of the future.
In 2033, the “cell phone” could be an extension of our bodies and senses, where information could be exchanged and communication could be achieved through universal gestures. Moreover, embedded technology could become more accepted, designs could be more varied and shape-shifting technologies could enable people to adapt devices for different needs.
– Communication could be ambient, always on, and people could live online
– Computers and mobile devices could be embedded in the ordinary
– “Using Software” could vanish; only interface and human interaction would remain
– Device interaction could become natural, predictive, and fluid
– Mollecular manufacturing could revolutionize production
– Objects could access ‘The Cloud’ at will
The CXD teams from around the globe, including China, Korea, North America, Latin America and the UK sketched their visions of what cell phones could look and function like in 2033. Based on both technological advances and regional preferences, the design teams created sketches tailored to each region’s unique priorities and tastes.
this was very interesting
wow so cool
Very much wow