Visumatic, an expert in automated fastening technology, built the new fastening cobot assembly platform as a rapid deployment solution to reduce labor costs. This flexible blend of technologies can be implemented on an existing line or as a portable screwdriving workstation.
The new turnkey robotic screwdriving assembly cell offers flexibility, so it can be implemented on an existing line or as a portable workstation. Check out this new video from Viscumatic to see the cobot at work.
The package includes all the process control gear required to get automation done and offers a quick start-up, thanks to Visumatic’s plug-and-perform turnkey assembly. This removes any robotic automation barriers as there’s no need for a specialized programmer.
The six-axis robot has the agility required to handle parts with compound surfaces today and in the future.
Visumatic’s cobot workstation features
- UR5e Collaborative Robot / 850mm Reach / teach pendant
- VCM-3X.2 cobot screwdriver module with Model 94 feeder
- Torque/angle control tightening system
- Basic part fixture with manual clamping
- Visumatic standard workstation frame assembly
- Opti-Touch cycle start button
- Area scanner with a 270-degree enhanced safety zones
The workstation comes fully programmed utilizing our certified URCap cobot screwdriving solution. It leverages Visumatic’s world class fastening experience to qualify your applications.
- Light Tower system status indicator
- Smart Fixture with part presence sensors
- Bulk fastener supply hopper with controls
- A 360-degree area scanning
- Vision tasks and inspection
- Additional customizations available
The area scanner augments cobot safety protocols by creating defined workstation proximity zones. When personnel detection occurs in the intermediate zone, robot speeds are reduced. Robot movement is completely halted if the closet zone is reached.