Visumatic, an expert in automated fastening technology, is one of few companies offering automatic pin-insertion systems. Its VIN-700 is engineered to augment hand assembly for quick and easy pin insertion.
This unique Visumatic drive system engages behind the fastener, allowing operators to use the pin to align mating parts prior to installation actuation. In fact, an operator can positively feel the pin shank enter the hole prior to actuation. This provides sensory feedback, which lets the operator maximize assembly efficiency and accuracy.
In addition, part of the interface tooling is custom-designed to allow pin placement in tough part geometry such as counterbores, recesses, and raised bosses.
This system can be configured to insert a wide range of fasteners including barbed darts, pins, dowels, standard rivets, and dual-action push pins.
Automatic pin insertion systems:
• Come complete with a microprocessor-controlled pin feeder
• Provide complete cycle flexibility
• Are enclosed to ensure cleanliness and sound reduction
• Feed harness length up to 20′, which allows operators to follow the work along the assembly line
• Offer pin-feeder systems that are designed to fit your part and your insertions application
• Equipped with nosepieces that are designed to fit each pin and part
• Is one moving mechanism — meaning zero adjustments are required
Learn more here.