The microPEM Tack family of fastening solutions are lighter, stronger, and smaller in size than conventional micro fasteners, making them ideal for consumer electronics applications. PEM is one of PennEngineering’s top brands, a global provider to the fastening industry.
microPEM Tack fasteners are designed to fit within a smaller envelope, offering better process control and lower total installed cost compared to other micro screw products. They eliminate the need to tap or use threaded inserts, and their press-in installation time (1.5 seconds) is less than the time to thread in a screw.
The micro fasteners lower the overall total installed cost of an assembly because they eliminate the threaded inserts tapped holes, driver bits, as well as the cost of rework due to cross-threading or driver bit “cam-out.”
Options include the following:
The Belleville-shaped head draws panels together to adapt to panel thickness and tolerance variations.
• Unique head flattens upon simple press-in installation
• Low-profile head fits in places where screws cannot
• Clinches into base panel as hard as HRB 45 / HB 84
• Attaches top sheets as thin as 0.1 mm / .004 inches
Ideal for high strength sheet-to-sheet attachment that reduces assembly costs.
• Reduced installation time compared to screws
• Available for use in stainless steel and higher strength aluminum alloy sheets
• Tapered tip and interference fit minimize hole tolerance issues
• Low-profile head saves space
They’re suitable for installation into plastics, metal castings, other brittle materials.
• Ideal for use in circuit boards
• Simple press-in installation doesn’t require heat or ultrasonics
• Low-profile head fits in places where screws cannot go
• Tapered tip for easier alignment into base panel
Enables one-cycle reusability with use of permanent thread-locking adhesive.
• Designed for sheet-to-sheet attachment
• Eliminate tapping, crossthreading, torque control, and vibration backout
• Simple, secure press-in installation
• Can be installed automatically for high-volume applications
To learn more, click here to download this product sheet.