STANLEY Smart Rivet Tools let manufacturers reduce scrap, optimize an assembly area, and provide real-time process data to the existing plant manufacturing execution system by recording the stem break load and rivet pull distance.
STANLEY Assembly Technologies, a global provider in precision fastening, offers the PB2500 Smart Rivet Tool, which builds on the proven capabilities of the original PB2500. The company also offers the BR12PP-8 Smart Rivet Tool, with a QBE-series Controller, to provide an advanced level of capabilities for rivet setting.
The PB2500 Smart Rivet Tool maximizes productivity and delivers a cordless, blind-rivet installation and process-monitoring system. Users can install 1,100 steel 4.8mm (3/16″) open-end fasteners with a single charge by using a 2.0Ah battery.
An on-board process-monitoring system ensures that any incorrectly fastened joints are detected immediately, preventing entire batches being affected. A built-in touchscreen allows monitoring to be easily set up and used.
The PB2500 also offers a quick-release nose housing and jaw guide, a quick-slide battery installation, an LED light to ensure clear line of sight to the application, and an ergonomic soft grip handle for operator comfort.
The BR12PP-8 Smart Rivet Tool is a programmable, full error-proofing and process-monitoring, cordless blind-rivet setting system. It covers rivet sizes 1/8” (3.2mm) and 3/16″ (4.8mm).
Additional features of the BR12PP-8 include:
- Quality and error-proofing: delivers advanced error-proofing capabilities such as rivet count, job select, and connection to customer error proofing systems.
- Process traceability: offers onboard storage of 500 rivet pull results, two rivet pull-traces stored locally — which provide force, distance, speed, current, and bus voltage recorded every 1ms during the rivet pull. All the recorded force data is easily exported.
- Productivity: configures easily with an optional barcode and can allow the change between 16 different jobs. This is ideal when multiple rivets or application thicknesses are present.
- Flexibility: programmable smart tool that can contain up to 16 different rivet jobs, allowing a user to use one tool for many rivet applications.
- Feedback: alerts the operator visually and audibly of the rivet status, and can also send output signals to the plant network.