The Fastener Training Institute (FTI), a non-profit organization that provides all levels of product and technical training for the fastener industry, is partnering with the top organizations in the industry to offer two educational webinars this September.
1. Fastener Finishes & K-Factor Determination
In partnership with the Fastener Education Foundation (FEF)
Friday, September 18
11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. PT
There are dozens of training programs, magazine articles, and book chapters on the fastener torque-tension relationship. But this webinar will focus on the one aspect of torque-tension that matters most to the end user: the K-factor.
In this webinar you will learn the math behind the K-factor (it’s not that hard) and:
- How the K-factor is often made overly complicated by engineers
- How to determine all of the factors that determine K-Factor
- How to conduct your own K-factor determination experiments
- Torque-tension test equipment (from the simple to the ridiculous to the ridiculously expensive)
- Specifications that cover torque-tension testing and the K-factor determination
- Technical resources for K-factor information
- How to properly specify and report K-Factor performance
- What coating suppliers don’t tell you about K-factor?
- The best lubricants and coatings for K-factor control
- To torque or not to torque? What are the alternatives?
There’s more to K-Factor than T = K D P.
Cost: Free for fastener association members | $49 per company and for non-members
2. Fundamentals of Fastener Plating & Coating
In partnership with the Industrial Fasteners Institute (IFI)
Tuesday, September 22
10 a.m. – 12 p.m. PT
FTI and IFI are partnering again to bring you a live webinar to cover the fundamentals of plating and coating fasteners. In addition to anyone new to the fastener industry, this virtual learning opportunity will be beneficial to those in product quality, materials, new part launch, technical sales, manufacturing and engineering.
Cost: $99 single user | $389 group rate (up to 5 people)