Industrial adhesives used in the wind energy industry are diverse and evolving, extending beyond the routine macro-economic elements of supply and demand. The level of demand for adhesives has increased significantly because of the prevalence of modular blades and the growth of the wind industry, in general.
Different types of adhesives are used for turbine blades, including epoxies, polyurethane adhesives, and others. A turbine’s blade generally consists of two “shells” that are bonded together with a structural adhesive. As blades are exposed to harsh conditions and extreme loads, the adhesives used to bond the blades must also be highly reliable and durable.
Based on a new study from Research and Markets, currently the world’s largest market research center, the use of such advanced adhesives is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4%.
However, manufacturers that produce adhesives in the wind industry are approaching market opportunities with starkly different strategies. The new report uses a comparative analysis tool, the “Leadership Quadrant,” which identifies leaders, contenders, visionaries, and specialists in the adhesives sector for the wind market and rates each adhesive accordingly.
It also offers a full competitive analysis from target markets to product mapping, from selling strategies to production capabilities. In this research study, six companies — including Henkel, 3M, Gurit, Momentive, Dow, and Aditya Birla — were analyzed and profiled because they rank top in revenues as producers for adhesives in the wind energy industry.
This report answers the following key questions:
- What are the market shares of suppliers in various product type segments, such as for epoxies, polyurethane adhesives, and other related products?
- Who are the market leaders in various regions and what are their market shares?
- Which companies are more aligned with market opportunities and which companies have ability to gain shares?
- What are the key differentiators for major suppliers?
- Which company has the widest product range and how the product mapping looks among various players?
- Which companies will gain market share?
To learn more or to download the report, click here.