Acument Global Technologies, a supplier of mechanical fastening technology, has chosen Southco’s Honeoye Falls’ New York facility as a 2018 recipient of its TORX Drive System World-Class Quality Award for fasteners for a second consecutive year.
As one of the largest and longest-running intellectual property licensing programs in the fastening industry, Acument established the annual award program in 2005 to recognize its high-performing, qualified licensees, which demonstrate the greatest commitment to manufacturing high-quality TORX fasteners and tooling during the previous calendar year.
Considerations for the award include:
- 100% acceptance on audits submitted within the year
- At least three different parts submitted within the year, which were manufactured by the submitting licensee
- Samples submitted within 60 days of the request
- Manufacturers must be a licensee for 24 months and be in good standing with TORX gages submitted for re-certification within the previous two years
- Must be certified to national or international standards, comparable to ISO 16949, ISO 9000 or QS 9000
Southco has been a TORX licensee since 1997 and is one of eight drive tool and 24 fastener manufacturers (representing the United States, China, Germany, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, and Taiwan) to receive the award for their 2018 performance. Qualified licensed manufacturers apply Acument’s TORX and TORX PLUS drive systems for applications in automotive, industrial, electronics, aerospace and other markets.
“We are pleased to be recognized as a world-class supplier for the second year in a row by one of the leading mechanical fastening technology businesses in the world,” said Anthony Wood, VP of Operations with Southco. “By incorporating the TORX Drive System into the products manufactured at our Honeoye Falls, New York facility, Southco is able to deliver the highest levels of quality and performance to our customers.”
Acument Global Technologies