Rittal is bringing its latest strides in tool-free, snap-fit assembly techniques to the TS8 modular enclosure line.
The TS8 and this proven system was designed specifically for demanding industrial applications, features a 16-fold tubular frame and multi-level mounting capability for unsurpassed strength and flexibility. Those benchmark capabilities are being enhanced by the latest innovations.
Heading the list is a one-piece spring-mounted clip system for fastening mounting panel brackets to the enclosure frame. A one-piece clip replaces the use of screws and provides for tool-less depth adjustments. For those who want to continue with the old method, traditional threaded blocks and screws will continue to be available.
The new fastening technique has been tested for strength and stability and has been certified to International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) 1B-1H standards – which included strict testing for random truck vibrations, out-of-phase oscillatory vibration and impact testing. In addition it meets DIN 60068-2-6 classifications.
The upper mounting panel installation brackets now include a plastic locking clip to make installation safer, simpler and, more importantly, a one-person job. Also enhancing the versatility of the TS8 enclosure system is a new-look tubular door frame that makes it possible to mount many of the accessories originally intended for mounting inside the enclosure on a door as well, making even more efficient use of space and options.
The symmetrical frame design makes suiting simple: in a row, into a corner or even back-to-back. And providing necessary gaskets between units is also easier thanks to new color-coding for different lengths and types. There’s now a blue baying seal, a yellow gland plate seal and a red gland plate seal for double doors. A new adhesive makes removing these seals and replacing them quick, and easy, too, without any damage or leaving a residue.
The enclosure frame can hold weight loads up to 1,500 lb. on the mounting panel. And has up to 30% more available space than traditional NEMA style enclosures of equal dimension. The vertical frame profile in the latest models will feature readily visible marking every 100mm to make placing hardware faster and easier.
Available with a wide selection of accessories, the freestanding TS8 models are available in both powder-coated carbon and stainless steel.
- Incorporates the latest snap-fit, tool-free assembly technology
- Exterior surfaces are easily removed for access to interior components
- Depth-adjustable zinc-plated mounting panel
- 25 mm hole pattern allows components and accessories to be mounted in three directions — by height, width and depth
- Full-sized mounting panel increases usable space — up to 15% more than typical unibody designs
- Mounting panel slides in and out
- Holds more components in smaller footprint to conserve valuable floor space
- Seamless foamed-in-place gasket securely seals against outside contaminants – new color-coded seals to speed baying configurations
- Mid-level EMC shielding on standard side and rear wall panels makes almost instant grounding possible without straps
- Available in 304 and 316L stainless steel
- Doors can hold up to 200 pounds and can be removed in as few as 30 seconds — an all-new door frame accommodates the full range of accessories
- Can be configured to a range of protection ratings
- Available in five design configurations including non-disconnect, disconnect, NEMA 3R, NEMA 4 and Floormount