Demand for packaging pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) tapes used in essential goods has increased in some markets. These include include for the food & beverage, hygiene, and home products packaging industries. PSA tapes demand in e-commerce packaging is also expected to increase significantly in 2020.
However, for others, Covid-19 was particularly harmful. For example, PSA packaging tape demand for applications in industries such as personal care, industrial, and B2B transportation is low because of the pandemic.
ResearchAndMarkets.com has added a new report to its offering that addresses the current and anticipated adhesive tape market, called “Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA) Tapes – A Global Market Overview.”
Polypropylene-backed tapes are the leading segment in the PSA tapes market globally — estimated at 59% in 2019. This segment is forecast to register a CAGR of 3.9% during the 2019-2026 period reaching 39.7 billion m2 by 2026, retaining its leading position at 57%.
Global PSA Tapes market is anticipated to grow negatively by 6% and 8% respectively for volume and value y-o-y 2019-2020.
The research findings include:
- The global market research report on pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) tapes analyzes the market with respect to tape types, backing material, and adhesive technology
- PSA tapes market size is estimated/projected in this report by tape type, backing material, and by adhesive technology across all major countries
- Cold-temperature Installation and performance standards adhered to by novel acrylic adhesive insulation tapes
- Advanced PSA tape technology expedites assembly operations in several industries
- Adhesive Tapes Now Being Made from Lignin
- Material engineering advancements lead to adhesives replacing mechanical fasteners
- Key business trends focusing on product innovations/developments, M&As, JVs, and other recent industry developments
- Major companies profiled
- The industry guide includes the contact details for 324 companies
Just some of the companies covered include:
- 3M Company
- ACHEM Technology Corporation
- Adhesive Applications, Inc.
- Advance Tapes International Ltd.
- Carlisle Construction Materials LLC
- CCT Tapes
- DeWal Industries Inc.
- FLEXcon Company, Inc.
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Infinity Tapes, LLC
- Johnson & Johnson