The new high-performance BR12PP-8 Smart Rivet Tool from STANLEY Assembly Technologies, a provider of precision fastening, lets manufacturers reduce scrap and optimize an assembly area. It also provides real-time process data to the existing plant manufacturing execution system by recording the stem break load and rivet pull distance.
“The product launch of the BR12PP-8, STANLEY Assembly Technologies is the latest development in partnership with the STANLEY Engineered Fastening to offer the best in smart, cordless, programmable rivet setting technology,” said Deanna Postlethwaite, director of global product management at STANLEY Assembly Technologies.
The BR12PP-8 Smart Rivet Tool offers benefits, including:
- Digitally adjustable force and distance acceptance values
- The use of one tool for many rivets and applications for reduced cost of ownership and increased error detection
- An ability to detect errors in the process, preventing customer returns and recalls
- Optional integrated force switch
- Programmable multi-function button provides a simple, flexible way to complete many different tasks with a single button
- Durable brushless DC servo motor engineered for the high production environment
This programmable, smart-rivet reporting system offers built-in, smart electronics that allow the tool to operate without a STANLEY Assembly Technologies QBE-Series Controller. This saves on setup time and cost.
For users requiring a QBE-Series Controller to connect to an error-proofing system, plant networks, and other advanced features, the BR12PP-8’s built-in WiFi provides the capability to add to a QBE-Series Controller for expanded convenience.
The industrial quality and strength of the BR12PP-8 Smart Rivet Tool add to the proven STANLEY Assembly Technologies B-Series precision-threaded fastening tool family. The B-Series torque tools work in conjunction with the BR12PP-8 Smart Rivet Tool when paired to the QBE-Series Controllers.
“The BR12PP-8 is a battery-powered riveting tool that can easily be connected to a laptop, a smartphone, tablet or to the STANLEY Assembly Technologies QBE-Series Controller as a complete system,” says Postlethwaite. “There’s no need to download an app or purchase software or additional options.”
STANLEY Assembly Technologies