Hobart, an ITW Welding company, has collaborated with Briggs & Stratton to power Hobart’s new Champion Elite 225 engine-driven welder. It will use the compact Vanguard 23 Gross HP* Small Block V-Twin Horizontal Shaft engine.
The powerful yet lightweight design of the Hobart Champion Elite 225 engine-driven welder offers 10,000 watts of auxiliary power and DC welding capabilities, all in a compact package for ease of portability.
The Champion is built to optimize weld quality by providing quick and consistent arc starts.
When looking for a power solution for this new engine-driven welder, Hobart was seeking an engine with a smaller footprint that offered powerful performance. By reducing the size of the power source, it could minimize the overall size of the engine-driven welding unit so it would take up less space in the bed of a truck, weigh less and be easier to transport from job site to site.
“With a smaller CC displacement than our competitors, less than other mid-block engines on the market, our smaller packaged engine has a greater power-to-weight ratio and a more efficient governing system for quicker load acceptance and more power,” said Dylan Rewoldt, director of sales, Power Division at Briggs & Stratton. “Increasing airflow is one way to increase power. Our engine is equipped with high-efficiency heads for a more direct air path to the combustion chamber, thereby increasing power output.”
- The Champion Elite 225 helps you get more work done because it delivers full auxiliary power while welding at any amperage. That means you can run lights and other AC power tools while you’re stick welding mild steel up to 1/2-inch thick. Get two jobs done at once.
- With a 15% smaller footprint and almost 25% less weight than the previous model, the new Champion Elite 225 takes up less space on your truck and lets you carry more of the other tools you need. Best in class weight at 373 lbs. and best in class size to fit better in trucks and UTVs.
- New technology in the Champion Elite 225 gives you more control of the arc: It’s easier to manipulate, so you can make better stick welds. Easy arc starts and arc stability/consistency.
The new Champion Elite 225 engine-driven welder is an ideal tool for applications across a wide range of industries, including farm, ranch, and mobile repairs.
- Electronic fuel gauge with maintenance hours makes it fast and easy to check the fuel level and know when to get it into maintenance.
- Single-knob amperage control makes it faster and easier to set weld parameters.
- 240-volt receptacle allows plasma cutters and other tools to be used without an adapter.
- Updated design makes it easier and faster to access routine maintenance items like the spark plugs, fuel filter and oil drain plug.
- Commercial-quality engine is designed for a long life of reliable service.