Master Bond, a manufacturer of epoxy adhesives, sealants, coatings, and potting compounds, has continued normal business operations during the COVID-19 pandemic and is recognized as an essential and critical supplier.
According to the company, it is working in compliance with CDC guidelines and is committed to providing safe and high quality products.
Significantly, Master Bond is supplying essential adhesive, sealant, coating, encapsulation, and impregnation compounds for medical device assembly applications. It is also offering adhesive solutions and technical expertise to established medical device manufacturers, as well as for companies newly entering the market in response to urgently needed equipment and protective gear.
Master Bond is offering medical grade compounds that meet two widely accepted standards and feature other essential properties:
- USP Class VI for biocompatibility
- ISO 10993-5 for cytotoxicity
- Sterilization resistance
- FDA CFR 175.300 & 175.105
It is assisting companies with challenging applications in the medical field.
Here are just a few examples:
- Adhesives for ventilators, ECMO and other respiratory devices
- Coating and sealing edges for face shields
- Encapsulations for molecular diagnostic instruments
- Impregnation and porosity sealing of 3D printed materials used in respiratory devices
- ICU Equipment such as defibrillators, monitors, smart beds and pumps
- Catheters, tubing and valves
- CT scan, ultrasound and X-ray equipment