The Fastener Training Institute (FTI) is co-producing a new Industrial Fasteners Institute Education Webinar on the most important changes, including the new requirements, in the 2020 edition of the Research Council on Structural Connections (RCSC) Specification for Structural Joints Using HighStrength Bolts.
The 2020 RCSC Specification reflects the most recent technological innovations and practices in bolting of structural steel connections. Upon completion, participants will receive two professional development hours (PDH).
The webinar takes place on Wednesday, April 28, from 12 – 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. – 1 p.m. CT | 9 – 11 a.m. PT).
Attendees should download a free copy of the Specification at boltcouncil.org. Each topic will be explored in depth, with an opportunity for Q&As during the webinar.
The discussion will include:
• A review of the updated design practices
• What’s included in the new ASTM standards
• The addition of the bolt “groups” and what this means
• The new pre-tension criteria
• An innovative new installation method and what you should know about it
Who should attend?
• Professional structural and civil engineers
• Anyone who manufactures or sells structural bolts
• Professionals that detail, fabricate, and erect steel structures using structural bolts
• Anyone needing the two PDH (it’s the responsibility of attendees to verify the requirements for continuing education in the jurisdictions where they practice to ensure this program qualifies)
This training webinar is offered at a discounted rate to support the industry during this global pandemic.
To learn more and register, click here.