ESAB, a global provider of welding and cutting equipment and consumables, unveiled the industry-changing Renegade VOLT ES 200i Stick/TIG battery-powered welding system as it closed out SparkWeek, the brand’s week-long, virtual launch event highlighting new welding and fabrication products, automation and robotics solutions, and industry-shaping PPE.
Developed in conjunction with Stanley Black & Decker and powered by four DEWALT FLEXVOLT 12 Ah (amp-hour) batteries, the Renegade VOLT marks a crossroads for the welding industry, as ESAB establishes a new product category.
“Renegade VOLT builds on the success of ESAB’s Renegade inverter-based welding platform, which offers best-of-class arc performance to meet the needs of demanding welding professionals,” said Bartosz Kutarba, global product manager, ESAB.
Renegade VOLT uses a next-generation current control module with built-in intelligence that can detect and clear a short-circuit or manage current transients faster than the microprocessor controls used on other units, minimizing spatter, and creating a stable, more controllable weld pool.
For first-time welders, a battery-powered welding machine operates on interchangeable, rechargeable power tool batteries. The VOLT is a highly portable option for off-the-grid welding across key industries like maintenance and repair, construction, shipyard, rail, power generation, offshore and farm/agriculture. The product will be available for purchase in Q1 2023.
“Up until now, welding jobs have only gone as far as the equipment could reach. Welders were stuck lugging around heavy leads, tripping over cables, and wondering what kind of power would be at the job site. Sometimes welders even spent more time on job set up and breakdown than welding,” said Olivier Biebuyck, president, EMEA and Global Products, ESAB Corporation. “Today, ESAB eliminated those constraints and ushered in a new age. This is the age of true welding freedom. No cords and heavy leads, no time-consuming setup, no engines, or fuel.”
ESAB made more than 15 announcements between November 14th and 18th via live video premieres at SparkWeek. The event page now features information about these new products and partnerships, including key specifications and availability information:
- Ruffian 150, ESAB’s all-new engine-driven welder
- Rogue EM and Rogue EMP, MIG and multi-process machines
- Rustler, a completely new ESAB line of compact MIG machines
- Renegade 1 Ph DC, powerful-yet-lightweight machine now in single-phase power
- Warrior EDGE CX System with RobustFeed Edge CX and Exeor torch, a next-generation pulse-MIG power source, feeder, and torch product family
- Sentinel A60, the next iteration of ESAB’s industry-leading automatic welding helmet
- Swarm A10, A20, and A30, affordable, performance driven welding helmet portfolio
- Vision T6, easy-to-use CNC cutting machine controller
- Marathon Pac Ultra, a new 1,100-lb. bulk welding wire drum package
- Cutmaster 30+, next-generation manual plasma cutter focused on power and portability
- Thermal Dynamics Automation UC Series, a high-precision mechanized plasma system
- Victor Edge 2.0 Phase IV and HRF2400, gas regulator and a regulator/flowmeter combination
- Versotrac Cadet, a compact, efficient, and easy to use submerged arc welding (SAW) tractor
- InduSuite, advanced software that connects welding and cutting data, machinery, and processes across one platform
- PURUS, new and improved premium wire specially formulated to reduce post-weld cleaning