DESTACO announced that it has completed quality enhancements for three models within its 800 Series Manual Clamp product family.
These updates are in line with DESTACO’s commitment to continuously review and identify ways to improve the capabilities of its products, with an ultimate goal of achieving the highest level of innovative performance for each and every component.
“Our customers and their needs drive us to stay on the cutting edge of product enhancement and performance,” said Russell Toney, president of DESTACO. “These updates to the 800 Series Manual Clamp product line illustrate how we are constantly listening to our customers’ needs and always striving to satisfy them.”
Receiving the most extensive quality enhancements is the Model 802-U Manual Clamp. The updates include:
- A redesigned clevis bolt, along with increased rivet and pre-stop diameters that increase longevity
- New composite bearings on the trunnion-mount and cylinder pivot point that eliminate metal-to-metal contact — while requiring no lubrication
- An upgraded air-cylinder that ensures the clamp’s exerting force is less than the maximum holding capacity when operated at normal pressure, which extends service life
Two other 800 Series Manual Clamps have also been given a remodel:
1. Model 807-U: Now features lubrication and maintenance-free composite bearings on the trunnion-mount, a redesigned clevis bolt and a reconfigured base, resulting in the elimination of any hesitation that could compromise the unit’s open/close performance.
2. Model 810-U: Features new composite bearings that eliminate metal-to-metal contact, thereby extending service life, while requiring no lubrication or maintenance