PennEngineering recently launched the new microPEM ClampDisk Press-on Fastener, a unique alternative in assemblies for the automotive electronics and consumer electronics markets. The ClampDisk micro-fastener offers a fast and simple way to achieve sheet-to-sheet clamped attachment while replacing the use of standard screws, nuts, and adhesives.
This innovative technology reduces the risk of installation problems that are typical when traditional fasteners are used during assembly. The most common challenges that can be eliminated or reduced by using ClampDisk include over installation, cross threading, stripped screw heads, broken screws, or a damaged product.
The microPEM ClampDisk Press-on Fastener is ideal for micro and targeted applications in automotive electronics and consumer electronics assemblies.
Here are some of its notable features:
- First micro-fastener of its kind on the market at this size and shape
- Installs onto a pin or cast post
- Used for sheet-to-sheet attachment
- Part provides a clamping load from the flexing of its downward facing flanges located along part’s perimeter
- Can be used to replace a number of welded screw, nut, or adhesive assemblies
- Can be easily removed with a sharp-edged tool
- Compatible with multiple materials
- Rapid, easy installation (uses an axial installation force)
- Tamper-resistant design