Bosch Power Tools, a global provider of power tools and related accessories, recently added to its collection of rotary hammer technology. It launched a dynamic product duo with the GBH18V-28DC 18V Brushless Connected-Ready SDS-plus Bulldog 1-1/8-inch Rotary Hammer and GDE28D SDS-plus Dust-Collection Attachment.
With superior impact energy, drilling precision, and a convenient built-in dust extractor that minimizes air particles, the GBH18V-28DC hammer and GDE28D attachment provide the extra power needed to work efficiently at any worksite.
“The GBH18V-28DC hammer offers pros more control, precision, and speed when breaking down various concrete types,” said Mitch Burdick, product manager with Bosch. “Coupled with the GDE28D attachment, users will be able to keep their workspace cleaner by reducing the amount of pesky dust particles that float around the space when using this type of tool.”
The GBH18V-28DC tool’s durability and strength allow for precision when it comes head-on against the hardest construction materials. The number of tool adjustment options users can enjoy in real-time allows the hammer to instantaneously adapt to any project, anytime.
- Kickback control: Helps reduce the risk of sudden tool reactions when the hammer is used in binding conditions.
- Reverse setting: Provides easy removal if the tool bit gets jammed in concrete.
- Anti-vibration system: This function helps reduce vibration due to the tool’s longer air cushion in the hammer tube and dampeners in the handle.
“Bringing 2.6 ft.-lbs. of impact energy (EPTA) to a range of chiseling and drilling tasks, along with the tool’s Soft Start and Controlled RPM features that alter the working speed in real-time, this model allows for adjustment whether the hammer is up against concrete, tile, or brick,” added Burdick.
Additionally, the GDE28D SDS-plus Dust-Collection Attachment allows for easy and convenient dust removal when pros look to tidy up after a hard job.
- Mobile dust extractor design: Built to deliver maximum mobility when used with the Bosch cordless GBH18V-28DC Bulldog.
- Auto power-on: Delivers power to the attachment when the user pulls the hammer trigger to begin working.
- Removable dust container: Provides capacity for up to 20 holes using a 1/2-inch diameter bit drilling 1-1/2-inch deep into concrete.
The GBH18V-28DC 18V Brushless Connected-Ready SDS-plus® Bulldog 1-1/8-inch Rotary Hammer specifications include:
- 18 Volts of power
- Hammer size: 1-1/8-inch SDS-plus
- Impact energy (EPTA): 2.6 ft.-lbs.
- RPM/BPM: 0-950 / 0-4250
- Length: 17.2-inch
- Bare weight: 6.7 lbs.
The GDE28D SDS-plus Dust-Collection Attachment specifications include:
- Dust extractor rating: 1-1/8-inch SDS-plus Dust Extractor
- Max. bit diameter: Up to 1-1/8-inch
- Max. bit length: Up to 10-inch
- Drilling depth – dust extractor: 3.9-inch
- Length: 13.6 inches
- Weight (bare tool): 1.8 lbs.
The Bosch GBH18V-28DC kit includes: GBH18V-28DC 18V Brushless 1-1/8-inch SDS-plus Bulldog Rotary Hammer, (2) GBA18V80 18V CORE18V lithium-ion 8.0 Ah PROFACTOR performance batteries, BC1880 18V fast charger, auxiliary handle, depth gauge, and a carrying case.
With the GDE28D dust attachment kit, users have access to the GDE28D SDS-plus Bulldog Mobile Dust Extractor, dust container, HEPA filter, (1) 5/8-inch dust eye, (1) 1-1/8-inch dust eye, and (1) 4-inch extension.
The GBH18V-28DC 18V Brushless Connected-Ready SDS-plus Bulldog 1-1/8-inch Rotary Hammer and GDE28D SDS-plus Dust-Collection Attachment come with a limited lifetime warranty.