Avery Dennison Performance Tapes has introduced four new tape constructions to its 2023 Core Series Portfolio, which features adhesive technologies in a variety of tape constructions, enabling simplified product selection and rapid quoting.
With the addition of these products, the Core Series Portfolio now includes 31 products from 11 adhesive categories — all featuring a two-year warranty. The product updates include a low VOC acrylic well suited for interior, foam bonding automotive applications, an acrylic and rubber differential construction, and a single coated foil tape that performs well in high moisture conditions.
The new products added to the portfolio include:
- Avery Dennison FT 8299 This is a double-coated tissue with a high-performance low VOC acrylic that’s ideal for bonding to polyester urethane, polyether urethane, and skinned foams. The product meets most automotive OEM requirements. Typical applications include automotive interiors (door pillar cloth, carpet fixation, insulation, armrests), foam bonding, and interior noise, vibration, and harshness.
- Avery Dennison FBD 8393 and FBD 8393 12 PT FBD 8393 is a next-generation, foam bonding differential tape construction designed for bonding a variety of foams and fabrics to low surface energy materials. The laminating side features a foam-bonding acrylic adhesive, while the mounting side is coated with a high-shear rubber adhesive. The laminating and mounting side adhesives each contain a biocide to inhibit mold growth. Offered with a super-calendered white Kraft release liner or a 12 pt. board
- Avery Dennison FL 0833 PCK FL 0833 is a 3.0 mil aluminum foil featuring 2.0 mils of Cold Tough acrylic adhesive specially formulated with antimicrobial additives to inhibit bacteria and mold growth. The 5.0 mil adhesive foil tape offers the ability to be applied in cold temperatures as low as 0°F. Although it’s formulated to be Cold Tough, it can be used at virtually any temperature and will withstand temperatures as low as -35° F or as high as 325° F. FL 0833 is highly conformable with adhesive suitable for masking applications. This provides long-term durability and short-term removability (removes cleanly on metal or most plastic surfaces), while offering chemical resistance for harsh applications.
“Avery Dennison strives to be at the forefront of meeting customer needs and adjusting to marketplace changes,” said Deanne Lewis, product manager, Converter Channel at Avery Dennison Performance Tapes North America. “These new products address some of the most pressing challenges in the PSA tapes industry and reflect our commitment to continuous improvement and environmental sustainability.”
The new PSA taps can be used in a wide range of industries including automotive, transportation, appliances, electronics, building and construction, general industrial, and personal care applications.
In addition, all products in the Core Series Portfolio, including these new additions are covered by a two-year warranty. With the additions announced today, the Core Series features rubber, acrylic and silicone adhesives, as well as four differential adhesive tapes for bonding to dissimilar substrates.
he Core Series Portfolio offers the following benefits:
- Instant volume-based pricing
- 24-hour standard sample (9″ x 30′) turnaround
- Dedicated application support call line and email address
- One-roll MOQ (based on published length)
- Four-day lead time
- No-charge slitting for 4″ rolls and above (excluding some products)
- A new two-year product warranty