Atotech, a global provider of surface-finishing solutions, recently introduced its two-coat system, Zintek 200 SL F. Unlike conventional anti-corrosion systems — which are based on zinc flake coatings consisting of two base coat layers and one top coat layer — Atotech’s Zintek 200 SL F system saves one layer by incorporating just two self-lubricated corrosion protection layers that provide a controlled coefficient of friction (CoF).
Compared to a three-coat-system, the silver base coat two-layer system with integrated lubricant enables a lower deviation of coefficients of friction, giving a centered COF in the range of 0.12 to 0.18.
“Atotech’s zinc flake coatings provide advanced corrosion-protection and fulfill the requirements of a substantial number of OEM specifications,” said Jean-Louis Baudoin, Atotech OEM Manager France. “Featuring high-corrosion protection, controlled friction properties and a reduced number of coating layers, Zintek 200 SL F represents a cost-efficient solution, perfectly in line with the French OEMs’ demanding requirements.
Zintek 200 SL F was recently approved to meet French OEM standards for protection of fastener systems. Baudoin led the approval project.
In addition to its very good adhesion properties Atotech’s Zintek 200 SL F shows an excellent cathodic corrosion protection. According to the standards for protection of fastener systems, a coating must maintain corrosion-resistance in the neutral salt spray test (ISO 9227) without base metal corrosion, for at least 600 hours. Zintek 200 SL F exceeds this, lasting for more than 1000 hours without corroding.
Zintek 200 SL F fulfills friction requirements defined by both OEMs on diverse materials, such as aluminum, galvanized steel and e-coated steel. Even with two lubricated layers the Zintek® 200 SL F solution does not exhibit a “stick-slip” effect. Thus, the system is recommended for the coating of safety labeled fasteners and parts.
Features of Zintek 200 SL F
- Industry proven two-coat system approved for standards for protection of fastener systems
- Recommended for the coating of safety labeled fasteners and parts
- No hydrogen embrittlement
- Maintains a centered CoF in the range of 0.12 – 0.18 without a stick-slip effect
- Production proven for a minimum of 600 hours NSST against base metal corrosion
- Provides >1000 hours NSST without base metal corrosion, even with regard to complex part geometry
- Cost efficient (no top coat layer) providing higher productivity by increasing coating line capacity
Tell Us What You Think!