The Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) held its 7th annual Innovation Awards at the 2023 Annual Convention & Expo in New Orleans, LA on April 18, 2023.
The Innovation Awards recognize the top three developments from the adhesive and sealant industry. Independent judges reviewed the following categories and weightings as part of their review process:
- Science and Innovation (30%)
- Applicability & Impact (10%)
- Impact of the Technology Relative to the State of the Art (30%)
- Qualifications, Experience and Capabilities (20%)
- Significant Milestone (10%)
ASC judges reviewed submittal packages and the following were the winners of the 2023 awards:
The primary award was presented to Albert Giorgini and the team at H.B. Fuller for their development, entitled “EV Protect 4006 Lightweight Encapsulant for Lithium-Ion Batteries.” This technology represents a two-component foaming, flame-retardant polyurethane encapsulant, which prevents or inhibits thermal runaway in lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery packs. Learn more here.
- The 1st runner-up went to Nvirovate‘s development of the world’s first pressure-sensitive adhesive, which removes CO2 from the atmosphere, entitled “The soybean oil PSA: Brand ESG & Sustainability Enabler.”
- The 2nd runner-up went to Xlynx for its development of “Universal covalent adhesives for use with low-surface energy polymers.”
“This year’s volume of submissions was again very impressive. ASC and the judges were pleased with the quality of the 30 submissions received for the 7th annual program in which we recognize unique developments for our industry”, said Brian Peters, director of Membership and Industry Programs.”
To learn more about the ASC Innovation Awards Program visit the official awards page.
“We look forward to seeing the program grow and continuing to recognize innovations in our industry,” added Peters. “Congratulations to Nvirovate and Xlynx as runners-up, and to H.B. Fuller as our first place winner for the 2023 best innovations.”