The Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) recently announced changes to its officers and members of the Executive Committee for 2021-2022. It also announced Directors re-elected for another three-year term on the Board of Directors, beginning January 1, 2021.
ASC is a North American trade association dedicated to representing the adhesive and sealant industry. The Council is comprised of 105 adhesive and sealant manufacturers, raw material and equipment suppliers, distributors, and industry consultants that represent more than 75% of the U.S. industry with operations around the world.
“The newly elected ASC Board officers and directors bring many years of experience as leaders in the adhesive and sealant industry that will strengthen our organization as we transition into a post-COVID world,” said ASC president William Allmond. “They will lead and oversee new strategic initiatives that emerge from ASC’s three-year Long Range Plan and reconnect the global value chain as hosts of the 10th World Adhesive and Sealant Conference in April 2022.”
ASC’s newly-elected officers are:
- Matt Devine, former president of DHM Adhesives, now at H.B. Fuller. He has been elected to serve as Chairman of the Board through January 31, 2021. He will also lead the ASC Executive Committee. Devine previously served as ASC Treasurer for two years.
- Heather Campe, senior VP, H.B. Fuller. She has been elected to succeed Matt Devine as Chairman of the Board beginning February 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022.
- Forest Driggs, senior VP and CFO, Franklin International. He has been elected to serve as Treasurer beginning January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022. He will also lead the Audit Committee and serve on the ASC Executive Committee.
Brian McSwigan, VP, Packaging and Consumer Adhesives at Henkel Corporation, will serve as Past Chair for two years and remain on the ASC Executive Committee.
The Board elected Tom Stewart, senior director, Performance Adhesives, at Ashland to a two-year term on the Executive Committee, beginning January 1, 2021.
Gerhard Haas, VP, R&D, Technical Service, Purchasing at Jowat Corporation was re-elected to another two-year term on the Executive Committee, beginning January 1, 2021.
Re-elected members of the ASC Board serving a three-year term beginning January 1, 2021 are as follows:
- Darius Deak, Global R&D Director – NonWovens, Corporate R&D Director-Americas,Bostik;
- Damon Hollis, Sales Manager-Americas, Eastman;
- Mark Schneider, President, Albion Engineering Company;
- Tom Stewart, Senior Director, Performance Adhesives, Ashland;
- Dave White, Senior Vice President, Quality and Risk Management, Sika; and
- Chuck Williams, Senior Technical Director, Global Adhesives, Polymers, Adhesive and Coatings Center of Excellence, Avery Dennison
Allmond added: “As president, I am excited to work alongside our officers and Board to grow the value we deliver to our membership and to the greater adhesive and sealant industry.”
ASC’s Board includes 23 Directors representing manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and academia in North America.