APM Hexseal, a developer and manufacturer of sealing solutions, specializes in creating uniquely powerful fasteners for multiple applications. The company’s Seelskrew product is the original self-sealing O-ring screw, which provides an impenetrable seal that blocks water, lubricants, gases, air, and other fluids.
O-ring screws are valuable tools that offer many features and benefits. They are just as easy to install as conventional fasteners, offer metal-to-metal contact for a durable connection, and can work with a wide variety of surface finishes.
APM Hexseal’s O-ring screws offer several advantages, including:
- Sealing power. The Seelskrew has a pressure-sealing rating of up to 20,000 psi to keep out fluids.
- Protection against degradation and wear. APM can provide anti-vibration and anti-movement features to lock screws in place, even on machinery that generates a lot of noise and vibration. This protects the O-ring against wear and tear. These fasteners also offer versatility in environments with temperatures of up to +500° F.
- Expert construction. Seelskrew are manufactured with silicone rubber O-rings that fit into a custom-engineered groove on the screw. Customers can also choose from a range of O-ring materials.
- Compressibility. The Seelskrew requires a total compression of less than 20% of its original size when torqued.
- Easy installation. Each O-ring is pre-assembled before delivery for fast, easy installation.
The Seelskrew can also be supplied with self-locking patches, pellets, and strips to reduce the risk of vibration breaking the seal. Additionally, these fasteners offer the ability to be reinstalled without degradation of the silicone O-ring.
Learn more about O-ring screws here.